This recipe has quickly become one of my favorites. It’s simple, it’s quick, it’s filling, and it’s good for you. Using nothing but whole foods, this dish is Whole30 and Paleo approved.
I drive a ton for my job, which makes it difficult to eat a healthy lunch because (1) it is so much easier to do a quick drive-thru, and (2) I am still waiting for a car upgrade equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave. But with this chicken avocado salad, I can throw it into a bag with an ice pack and a cold La Croix and it’s good to go by lunch time!
Ingredients for two servings:
- 6oz cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- fresh lime juice (to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Dice or shred cooked chicken breast, set aside.
- Peel, seed, and dice avocado. Then place avocado, red onion, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Gently mash/mix ingredients together until desired consistency.
- Add chicken and continue to mix until all chicken is completely mixed in.
- Serve on whole wheat bread or a tortilla for a delicious sandwich or wrap. Add some lettuce/spinach and tomato for some extra flavor.