- (n.) A macro-scale Atlantic cyclone rotating counter-clockwise delivering harsh winds from the northeast, generally occurring between September and April.
- (n.) A delicious cocktail best appreciated in a warm place with a couple of friends.
There could be no more appropriate time to share this cocktail recipe because the east coast is currently trying to thaw out after a recent winter storm that dumped snow in every state from Florida to Maine.
While you are stuck inside, why not give this recipe a try? Much like its distant cousin the Dark and Stormy, the Nor’easter is a weather-inspired cocktail that you can enjoy even while the temperature outside dips below freezing.
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Maple Syrup
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 bottle Ginger Beer
- 1 Lime wheel or peel
- Mix lime juice, syrup, and bourbon in a cocktail shaker, or stir together in a glass.
- Pour into a lowball glass or a mule mug over ice.
- Top with ginger beer and stir briefly.
- Add lime as garnish.
- Share your creation with friends and enjoy.